Engineering support begins at the earliest stages of the project as our professionals assist our planning team with feasibility studies and conceptual site design. Our designers employ the very latest applications and techniques to ensure that the engineering design project gets pointed in the right direction. As your project moves forward we continue to employ the very latest software applications in achieving a cost effective design that is permitted on time and in budget.
Feasibility, conceptual dry utility design, water and sewer design, stormwater management / environmental site design, sediment and erosion control design, street grade establishment plans, and storm drain and paving plans are all precisely prepared and processed to obtain the necessary permits at each stage of construction. Our staff is also available to take over projects that have not stayed on the desired development schedule and get them back on track so you can meet your desired goals. Our designers work with the agencies at all levels for plan approvals and permits and are always available to assist you as construction progresses.
- Feasibility studies
- Floodplain studies
- Dry utility planning / concepts
- Street grade establishment plans
- Three phase sediment and erosion control plans
- Environmental site design (ESD)
- Traditional stormwater management system analysis and design
- Storm drainage and paving system design
- Water and sewer plans
- Engineering analyses and evaluation
- Permit acquisition
When it comes to engineering, some common challenges include:
- Understanding current building codes
- Environmental issues
- Meeting your budget without sacrificing strong design
GLW is able to solve these challenges through our:
- Excellent project management
- Leveraging the right materials, saving time and money when it’s done correctly, the first time.